Monday, April 20, 2009

Yes, I Know Jimmy is a Democrat.

Whenever I tell folks that I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan, some say, you know he's a democrat. Yes, I know that. Most entertainers are. However, there are some exceptions in the country music sector.

Jimmy, as does everyone else, has the right to vote and support any candidate that he chooses. I knew about Jimmy's political leanings before I became an official "card-carrying" parrot head. Jimmy was in Montgomery, Alabama for former governor Don Siegelman's inauguration in 1999. I also think he played at the White House during the Clinton years.

Jimmy's political activism appears to be minimal. Most of his fans are republicans and he probably knows that. I'll continue to go to his concerts, eat at his restaurants, buy his CDs, etc. However, if Jimmy were to start telling me and other middle class folks how live their lives, I would probably quit following him.

If he starts telling us to get rid of our SUVs and drive a car that looks like an egg, hang our clothes out to dry instead of using an automatic dryer, or lower our thermostats and wear one of those huggie things; I just might have to find someone else to follow. I really don't think Jimmy will do that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment