Monday, September 7, 2009

THINGS ON MY MIND TODAY

I haven’t posted in a while, so it’s about time. With so much going on, what do I talk about? We’ll see!

The current president’s speech to the AFL-CIO in Ohio is on the TV. I’m trying not to listen because I’ll just get upset. I hope it’s over soon.

I’m not going to talk about healthcare reform today because enough has been said about and you all know where I stand. All I can say is that we can’t let it happen because this one single issue will transform the country that you and I grew up in to one that we all have seen in the movies and it would be one in which we would have to live. The town halls are continuing with most of the democrat congressman getting flack from their constituents and then telling the constituents that they don’t care what they think, we’re going to pass healthcare reform one way or the other. I’m so blessed to live in one of the most conservative areas in the country.

I’m very happy that Alabama won its opening game on Saturday night. We pulled it out in the fourth quarter in spite of not playing well at times. One thing on my mind about the game is Rolando McClain’s “loss of composure” that resulted in two personal fouls called against Alabama when we had just dropped Va. Tech for a loss that would have led to a probable field goal attempt as opposed to scoring a touchdown. Rolando’s two penalties gave Va. Tech new life and they scored a touchdown. What would Coach Bryant do? Under Coach Bryant, Rolando would be relegated to nth string and probably wouldn’t play another down. But would any player have done such a thing under Coach Bryant. NO! That was then and this is now. Coach Saban’s not happy about it, and Rolando did apologize to the team at half time. He’s a great player and loosing him on first string will affect play. Was Coach Bryant too strict? If Coach Saban continues to play him, is he too lenient? Will Rolando ever do something like this again? I think the chances are about 99.999% that he won’t. Should he continue to be a starter or should he not? I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment