Monday, June 8, 2009

So Many Disturbing Things Going On

I just don’t know where to begin. Perhaps the most disturbing news item this week was Playboy’s article regarding conservative women. It's a piece by a New York writer by the name of Guy Cimbalo. Even though the article was pulled quickly, it’s still disturbing that something of its nature could be published by Playboy, probably the least obnoxious publication of its type.

If you haven’t already heard about the article, it is a piece where Mr. Cimbalo chooses ten conservative women that he would like to sexually assault. The actual phrase, sexual assault, was not used. Instead other more graphic phrases were used. Bottom line, Mr. Cimbalo would like to rape these women.

This is just too much and it scares me and I’m not ready to dismiss this article as something written by far-left loon. There’s just too much of this stuff out there. In five years are conservative women going to be subject to visits in the middle of the night? This is similar to the Brazilian president indicating that white people with blue eyes are responsible for the world economic situation. You can dismiss such as this, but when you hear so much, you have to wonder just what is coming out way.

I really believe that a time will come when there will be an all out assault against conservatives and Christians. Even though I live in the Birmingham, Alabama area, there have been times that I have hesitated to reveal my political affiliation because someone that I was with voted for the current president. Not anymore, though. I’m a Christian and a conservative and will always be proud and willing to voice my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment