Friday, July 31, 2009

EVERY MORNING IT’S SOMETHING NEW TO BE FRIGHTENED ABOUT

The following is from Reuters.com:

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday ramped up her criticism of insurance companies, accusing them of unethical behavior and working to kill a plan to create a new government-run health plan.

"It's almost immoral what they are doing," Pelosi said to reporters, referring to insurance companies. "Of course they've been immoral all along in how they have treated the people that they insure," she said, adding, "They are the villains. They have been part of the problem in a major way. They are doing everything in their power to stop a public option from happening."

First of all, do any of us think that the government is going to treat the people it’s taking steps to insure any better that it claims that the insurance companies are doing now? If you do, that swamp land in Louisiana has your name on it. Hey, if you like your state’s DMV!

Two things scare me about the Reuters.com article. First of all, the speaker makes it more obvious than ever that she and her democrat cronies are just looking to snatch 14% of the nation’s economy and put it under the government umbrella. It’s not about creating a better more cost effective healthcare system and providing healthcare for those who do not have it. It’s about total governmental control. This is being taken step by step from the playbook of Hugo Chavez.

Now that the federal government is heavily involved in the banking industry and the automobile industry, and is roaring full speed ahead to take over the medical industry, do you think they will stop there? ABSOLUTELY NOT! They will then go after another sector of the economy, which brings me to the second thing that I am scared about.

I work for an insurance company, not a health insurance company, but a property and casualty insurance company. My employer pays me well and provides me with exceptional benefits and a well above average working environment. Since insurance companies are the villains du jour, I’m concerned that perhaps they might come after P&C insurers or life insurers next. If that happened, I would probably be out on the street along with the rest of the IT Department. The government would probably implement its 1980s state of the art systems to run the newly nationalized P&C insurance business.

I need to go…I think my breakfast is coming up in my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment