Thursday, July 18, 2013

DOUBLE STANDARDS AGAIN

I was in Vestavia at lunchtime and chose to have lunch at one of the local restaurants. Because the restaurant was crowded, I sat at the bar. The TV was tuned into SEC media days, but the sound was muted. What was showing was pretty much all Alabama, which you know is fine with me. Then they showed a video taken in the early 60s of the fire hoses and attack dogs being turned on civil rights demonstrators, an event that happened over a generation ago that I will probably be reminded of for the rest of my life. It doesn't matter that things have greatly changed here and everywhere else. But just mention that you still have questions about what happened at Benghazi, and we're told that it happened so long ago (Sept. 11, 2012), it doesn't matter anymore. Can you just imagine what would happen to me if I said the fire hoses and the dogs didn't matter anymore because it happened so long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment