Friday, October 23, 2009

A COUPLE OF DAYS IN THE USA

After the alarm went off this morning, I turned on the light and the TV with Fox and Friends on. My kitty, Twister, was right beside me. They ran a story about findings that dogs and cats have rather large carbon footprints. In fact their carbon footprints, in some cases, rival that of evil SUVs. As a result, environmentalists are recommending that if you own dogs and/or cats, get rid of them and get a pet that you can eventually eat. Suggestions for pets included chickens or rabbits.

Well, rabbits are cute and cuddly; they are generally kept in cages outside. They’re probably affectionate, but can they be potty trained and kept in the house? Chickens generally go to the bathroom anywhere. Can chickens be potty trained? I kind of doubt it. Also, I don’t think I could eat a rabbit or even a chicken after having them as pets for a while. I never met the chicken that I bought at the grocery store earlier and that’s just fine with me.

Now this is just silly and I laughed my head off. Of course, what’s not ridiculous these days? What do the environmentalists suggest that you do with your CO2 emitting canine or feline? PETA may not be too cool with this. Maybe the environmentalists and PETA can battle it out and beat each other down.

In Washington, one of the current president’s top economic advisors has indicated that the stimulus package implemented by the house, senate, and the current president has probably done most of what it’s going to do and will do very little in 2010. Talk about a major boondoggle? What a flop!

Healthcare reform gives me such a headache that I don’t want to write about it. Besides, there are plenty of other folks out there giving their opinions. Speaking of headaches, I wonder if I’ll still be allowed to get my migraine medicine if healthcare reform passes. The current president will probably suggest that I just take a couple of aspirins. Yea, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment